July 5, 2009

Fun In The Sun (And In The Pool!!)

Since we had such beautiful weather yesterday (until the early evening when we had a few sprinkles...never know what you'll get here during monsoon season)...anyway, we busted out the baby pool for Carter! Daddy got to work on the yard (he's putting down new weed fabric and sifting all of the rocks) and Carter and I got to play in the water! Good deal, eh?

I'm going to fill this post with photos (and a couple short videos) so you can see for yourself just how EXCITING AND FUN it really was!

Starting off, we tried propping him up in the Bumbo seat (since he can't quite sit up by himself yet) ... problem here...can't reach the water:
So, new plan...we'll just have Mommy hold him up:
Seems to be working ok...now Carter can reach the water. Hmmm, wonder what happens when I slap at the water?
Well...let's just say that Carter figured out how to get more water OUT of the pool than IN the pool! Here's a quick series of photos demonstrating the fun:
Let's see that in real-time! I present to you: Pool Time Fun - Part 1 (and notice the utter concentration on Carter's face):


Continuing with Pool Time Fun - Part 2:


Needless to say, I should have worn my swimsuit. I was drenched by the time we finished up (all of about 20 minutes). So we went back to the store and bought a bit bigger pool and today (weather permitting), I'll be sitting in the water with him. Should have a good time for all!

Rounding out our Independence Day, we watched a [free] fireworks show that our neighbors put on. Carter did well, wasn't scared, and stayed awake (barely) for the fun. Next year should be even better when he can actually focus on something more than just a few feet away!

Hope everyone still has all 10 fingers and all 10 toes and enjoyed their Fourth of July!
~kerrie

PS For those that haven't been to our house, no, we don't keep our lawn that impeccable...it's AstroTurf :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! We should get Carter and Sebastian to splash in the pool sometime.

    ReplyDelete