September 7, 2009

Photo Op...

Since Carter celebrated his half-birthday this past week, we decided to get some professional photos of the whole family. I did the intelligent thing and went and got my hair lopped off the day before (thankfully, nothing tragic happened), as well as ended up looking like Rudolph with my red, red nose (thank you, sinus infection!).

Anyway, pleased with the turn-outs and when I get a free minute this week, I'll post a few from the various shoots (promise, no "arm shelves" - awkwardfamilyphotos.com reference...). Also quite pleased that Carter was VERY happy with the photographer (maybe because she was a lady?) and made it VERY hard to choose just a handful of shots.

Decided against the 'ol matchy-matchy thing and went with "wearing blue." Tried a few different shirts on Carter and loved the way the royal blue brought out the color of his eyes. When getting him ready, it really dawned on me that Carter looks (and dresses) JUST like his dad. As proof, here's "Mini Matt" - pose 1:
Mini Matt - pose 2 (sort of a "it's all part of the plllaaannnn" look about it, too):
Anywho, some random Greenie news...our garden has really produced a bumper crop of tasty treats for us. While we don't grow anything outrageous, we have found much success with our little "salsa" patch (we pretty much only grow tomatoes and chile peppers). Picked tonight, our tomatoes:
Big basket of green chiles:
And then I roasted the green chiles on the barbie (the big poblanos - not from our garden - were roasted at the same time so I could make Chile Relleno Casserole for dinner...yum!):
Carter doesn't know what he's in for, eh? As soon as this kid can talk, he'll either say, "Enough chiles already!" or "Bring on the heat!" Only time will tell...

Hope everyone had a nice, long, relaxing weekend!
~kerrie

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the family pics - they sound great! And your chiles look amazing; I'm going crazy smelling them roasting all along 4th Street :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! Next time you head back to Kansas City, give us a shout. We can do another photo shoot sans the red nose (hopefully) HAHA!

    ReplyDelete