While back in the Land of Oz, Carter met up with his cousin, Daniel, for the first time ever. Daniel's parents (my brother, Jason, and his wife, Katrina), were also able to meet our son and shower him with attention. Daniel was beside himself with glee at finally meeting "his cousin, Carter," see:

I don't get to see my family as often as I want to, so I got a little teary seeing my brother being so sweet with my kiddo (or maybe I had one too many beers...):

We spent the afternoon lazing around in the sun (albeit, cold Kansas sun...) and Daniel (almost 4 years old) was practicing his bike riding skills up and down the street. Daniel would "race" anyone who was willing to play and it was fun to wind up and [pretend to] go as fast as we could. A few shots from the fun - just Daniel:

A little push from Grandpa:

Just before another push from my brother, Jason (this one was before Daniel tipped over - no boo-boos, no worries):

And finally, racing Aunt Kerrie:

While Matt raced Daniel, I got to enjoy some time with my little guy:

We ended the afternoon trying to take a few photos of the whole family together. As you can guess, we took about 30 shots and while I could piece together a shot of everyone looking at the camera and smiling, these shots are much closer to documenting the fun:



Unfortunately, we had to return to our home in Albuquerque (and our jobs...) sooner than we wanted. Hopefully we'll have many, many more trips to see family and capture all of the great memories in our hearts and on our cameras!
~kerrie
No comments:
Post a Comment