All four schools have classes from infant to Pre-K to some after-school-care-only-aged kids. Each class (except the infant classes) performed a Christmas song, complete with fun, festive outfits. We were not told in advance what the kids in his class (the 1-to-2-year-olds) would be performing. Matt and I actually thought he'd be doing something with drums because he's been banging on EVERYTHING as of late. And when he's done banging, he'll tell himself "Bravo!"
Anyway, the event started out with the older, Pre-K-aged kids performing "Silent Night." It was very well organized, the teachers were on stage to help guide the kids through the performance, and all of the kids participated. It was entirely adorable (as well as hilarious)!
Carter's class was the lucky #2 performance. I won't lie, I had tears in my eyes (as did many in the audience). Our little elf was just so adorable on stage, I couldn't help myself... And well, the fact that as they performed "Jingle Bells," every single one of his classmates stood there in fear, stiff as a board. It. Was. Hilarious. But since they were just so dang adorable, the crowd loved it!
Matt and I were so proud of our little guy that we were indeed beaming with pride after the performance (the parents of the toddlers are asked to collect their children immediately after their performance so the teachers could continue to help corral the kiddos for the remaining performances). Once we got back to our seats, several of the families around us said, "He was so cute!" "Great job!" etc. etc.
Anyway, yes, I know you don't want to just read about it, you want to see it all for yourself.
So first, let me orient you - below is Carter's class of cute little elves on stage with his two teachers (Brenda - left; Diana - right). In the first photo (start of performance), Carter is third from left. In the third photo, Carter is fourth from left. If you're having trouble, the second/fourth photos are identical, but I've added a note in case you can't spot him - click to make pic bigger.
There photos are here to also help orient you for the videos that follow (and I'm still learning how to use the Flip, but I'm pretty sure I can edit them, add captioning, etc....I'm just too lazy to read the manual...).
Enjoy! (And you can make all of these full-screen but clicking on the 4 arrows in the bottom corner of each video.)
Christmas Recital - Part 1 (Carter's moved to 5th from right):
Christmas Recital - Part 2 (Carter's the tall one in the middle - and check out the kiddo on the left making a break for it!):
Christmas Recital - Part 3 (Carter's still in the middle - the tallest kid):
Christmas Recital - Part 4 (FINALLY, a kid is dancing...but not Carter....):
Christmas Recital - Part 5 (Carter's moved to the back of the pack):
Christmas Recital - Part 6 (Still 5th from right, behind the one kid that finally "dances"):
What'd ya think? Entirely adorable, eh? Next year, when he's in the "Two's" class, he should be a little more in to it. But we'll always have the memories of this one (and yes, we'll share with his future girlfriend...)!
Hope that you have a wonderful weekend!
~kerrie
PS Yes, I know I need to get some posts in from November, but these were too good to pass up tonight!
Oh.my.goodness. So completely adorable!
ReplyDeleteC-U-T-E! I love those can't-stop-laughing-make-you-want-to-cry moments with the kiddos. What fun memories!
ReplyDelete