December 2, 2010

Greenfelder Halloween Costume Party - 2010

As I sit here at home with a gnarly sinus infection, I thought I'd post a blog. After cruising through the photos, it has occurred to me that I am nearly 2 months behind in posting! Gah!!!

So here goes, if I aim for a post a day, I'll catch up eventually, right? Well good luck to me!

This fun post is about the annual Greenfelder Halloween Costume Party! We had a smaller than usual turn-out due to the scheduling of the party (I know we were invited to about 5 parties, so I think everyone in Albuquerque had their Halloween parties on the same day at the same time!). However, we still had a great, great time and are very thankful to all of our pals that came out!!

We ditched Carter with Paul and Eileen (for a sleep-over) and partied the night away! Carter had a blast (and was quite reluctant to leave, since they have some neat-o toys - as well as a cool vacuum, Carter is still keen on cleaning up the floors...) and we are still uber-appreciative that they'll watch our dude so frequently!

Anyway, let's move on to the fun photos (and AMAZING costumes!) from the night!

We'll start with the "infamous" Kitty-Litter Cake (still can't believe people are so willing to eat this...). Been a tradition at our house for ages:
And now, the costumes... We'll start with our winners (in no particular order - and you can click on any of these photos to see them better) -

#1, Lauren and Matt - as the "dream sequence" from the Big Lebowski (google it, you'll crack up!...ok, here's a link to the video):
#2, Shawn and Amelia as Ghostbusters (with homemade proton packs!!!):
And #3, Chuck and Carol as Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife, Beth:
Amazing attention to detail from ALL of our winners! Congrats to you all!

Let's see a few more!

Previous (and repeat) winners, Heidi and Steve as Mr. & Mrs. Frankenstein on their way to the Masquerade Ball:
Another previous (and repeat) winner, Brett and Jennifer as Milton (from Office Space - check out the likeness with his badge!) and Jennifer as an old-school Trekkie girl:
Mark as a Sumo Wrestler:
Danita as a Hippie:
Tyson and Geetha as Jack and Sally (from A Nightmare Before Christmas):
Erik as a Convict, er, I guess at this stage, he's just an alleged criminal...:
Matt and I as Astronauts, yes, we work for NASA:

**post edited to add in this funny note: Matt picked out the helmets to accompany these costumes... and, well, the majority of the night was spent saying, "WHAT?!" to each other because you couldn't hear a dang thing in those helmets. Hilarity, I tell ya! Scott and Beth as a Geisha and Samuari:
Natalie and Kevin as Pi and a Recent College Grad:
Adam as a Swashbuckler:
Justin as a Rodeo Clown:
One of my favorites, Holly as Mrs. Dorian Gray:
And last but certainly not least, Katherine and Jeff as Medusa and the Statue:
Hope you had a terrific Halloween and have made it through your stash of candy and treats!
~kerrie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, all the costumes are fantastic! Bummed we didn't get to make it this year and that we didn't even dress up at all!

    BTW - Love the Medusa and Statue costume, how creative!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete