January 8, 2011

Zombie Girl [ewwww, TMI!!!]

[ PS I revised this post to include a bail out link and a little quip about Carter's 80's jeans.]

And my final post of the night (which, hooray, makes me finally caught up!). My disclaimer for this post:

I'VE INCLUDED SOME GNARLY PHOTOS OF MY EYE IN THIS POST - IF YOU'RE THE QUEASY TYPE, I'D SKIP THIS ONE. CLICK HERE TO JUMP TO THE PREVIOUS POST (and then you can use the archive list to move around the blog).

There, you've had your disclaimer. Exit now. Or keep reading (as a bonus, there are cute Carter photos at the end!).

So let's begin. Carter (below) is expressing how I felt on Thursday morning (and check out the sweet 80's stonewashed jeans! And the whiny look was due to the fact that I accidentally peeled his orange. You CANNOT peel his oranges, tangerines, clementines, etc. He will either A) just eat through the peel or B) do it himself, thank you!):
I woke up with a ruptured blood vessel in my left eye (pictures coming, you can still bail out here...). Never had anything like this, so I was a tad freaked. I went to the eye doctor and he checked it out. Wasn't alarmed, but wants to see me again next Friday to be sure.

Let it be known that when I'm famous and they write my biography, there will be SEVERAL chapters on how I've stumped the medical profession...

You see, blood vessels can rupture from the silliest of things - sneezing, blowing your nose, lifting something heavy, and well, just because they want to.

I had a headache last week for about 3 days (and I only remember this because I NEVER get headaches, so when I do, I complain about them to Matt profusely). Doc said this MIGHT have something to do with the rupture, but maybe not. Needless to say, after the rupture, the headache was gone...

So you wanna see it?

Really?

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ok... Here's a close up of my left eye (and this looks WAY better than it did on Friday...it was still bleeding then and moved further down on my eye):
In comparison to my "good" eye - if I look to the left, this is what you see (and I didn't get a picture of it, but above my retina is some SERIOUSLY gnarly bloody stuff - see, I'm sparing SOME details as to not gross you out TOO much...):
Looking straight ahead - ewww:
And my "normal" look - with glasses - most of my co-workers avoided eye contact with me on Friday because I was so freakishly zombie looking:
Doc says it should only take a month to clear up... Yay (says Carter):
Hooray for 4 weeks (says Carter):
That's like a touchdown, right (questions Carter):
So I'll post a follow-up next week (and maybe take a photo after the blood starts to absorb into my eyeball...and then it turns yellow like a bruise).

Just thought I'd have a Too Much Information, or TMI, post to change it up 'round here on The Greenie Times! :)
~kerrie

3 comments:

  1. It is a little...creepy looking. Sorry. Had to say it. But glad your headache went away! AND LOVE CARTER'S JEANS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know that you had a blog until just now!

    The pics didn't gross me out nearly as much as I would have thought. I used to be fine w/gorey things but that was back in high school, before I figured out I like engineering more than medicine. Hope it heals faster than four weeks (or longer, should you need coworkers to leave you alone more in order to push through work tasks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping for a shot of the top half of your eye. Gross :)

    ReplyDelete