But before I begin, how 'bout a few stats. Carter is now weighing in around 32 pounds (skinny), and around 3.5 feet tall (very tall). Fits in mostly size 3T's, with some 4T's mixed in. He's still a happy, easy going kid, loves to eat nearly everything (except McD's chicken nuggets - NOT a fan), he's extremely talkative (gets that from mom), and is currently all-about superheros (gets that from dad).
We couldn't be happier with his school and his new "three's class." In just the first month, they've made volcanoes, paper mache bunnies, and he's now full-time playing at the "big kids playground." It's so comforting to know that the teachers (and other kids) love him dearly and he has fun at - and looks forward to going to - school each day!
But let's get to the fun part - the photos. I'll start with my favorite shot - say "awwwwww!"
Same pose, goofy grin like daddy:
We tried to add in a basketball (it was during March Madness - ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!):
Few more with the ball:
(and weird pose with his thumb in his pocket?)
We tried playing catch - but this one looks like he's raising the roof! Paaaarty!
Eh, just put it on your head, ok Carter?
Back to sitting:
A few family shots (and wardrobe change) - Matt either has a goofy grin:
Or Carter is looking at something else:
Try that again while standing:
We tried a few shots with "Kitty in the Hat" (a gift from Aunt Nancy - Carter's bday is the same as Dr. Seuss, too):
Back to the star - this one I like how he was leaning on the chair:
So I always enjoy the planning for the photo shoot - for this one, I wanted Carter with his KU shirt, KU bear (a gift from Grandma C), and a basketball - check.Then I wanted a few photos of the fam in red and blue (KU colors) - check.
Then I wanted a few of Carter with the Cat in the Hat - check.
But it never fails that we end up with a few "random" photos that have NOTHING to do with my plans. So here they are:
A mommy fave - in good Greenie tradition, Carter found a few props at the photo shot - this fireman hat was sitting off to the left:
And then he found a big dalmatian - awwwwwwwwww!
And finally, the most random prop in the place - a giant rubber ducky. Why not, eh?
Hope you are enjoying watching our little boy grow up as much as we are and I also hope you enjoyed reliving our annual photo shoot!Happy Spring!
~Kerrie
Happy Birthday Carter!!!
ReplyDeleteThe photos of Carter are of course adorable (how could they not be with that sweet face?), but it's the random props that really make them awesome!!
ReplyDelete