November 8, 2009

The Toothy Zoo Contraption...

So our wonderful, wonderful neighbor, Kristin, bought Carter this wonderful, wonderful "zoo contraption." Not only is it big and bulky, but it's made of chunky plastic (which Carter likes to bang on his head...or mine...or Matt's....)....but the best part really? IT PLAYS THE MOST ANNOYING SONGS EVER!!!

Yes, it has a "soundtrack" of about 4 REALLY awful songs and Matt and I drive each other batty singing them in the shower... And the worst part of it all, Carter LOVES the zoo contraption! He'll crawl all over the house just to get his giggles going.

Few shots from his level - yeah, busy playing with the zoo contraption here:
The penguin - always a tasty treat (and I just LOVE it when little babes wear blue jeans....CUTE!):
Dude, get away from my zoo!
Penguins AND elephants - yummm!
Ok, I'm only teasing Kristin about the annoyingness of it all (no I'm not...), but it IS totally cute that Carter is such a fan, particularly of the penguin.

A couple quick videos of his commando-crawling and penguin attacking - part 1:



Part 2 (dilemma, dilemma), with a sampling of that fantastic music:



And in other exciting weekend news...looks like Carter is getting a new batch of teeth in. Can't tell for sure, but we think it's a couple more on the top...but it could be a couple more on the bottom... Why can't we tell? Because we're brain-dead zombies today!

You see, we had about 2 hours total of sleep on Saturday night, as he kept waking up (and screaming bloody murder...) about every 2 hours and wouldn't sleep in his crib, just in our arms. So Matt and I took turns staying up, therefore neither of us got our zzzz's. As I type this, he's sound asleep in his crib (and has been for a couple hours, so let's hope he makes it until morning) and hopefully past the worst of it.

Also, Matt's taking him to the ear, nose, and throat doc (here in Albuquerque, yay!) tomorrow for his ear-tube consultation. Fingers crossed that the doc can "work his magic" and keep our boy ear-infection free for, well, the rest of his life! I'll post a quick update tomorrow after we get the news.

Hope everyone has a great night and a great week!
~kerrie

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee - just wait, Kristin, paybacks are a you-know-what!! Leave it to the childless friend/relative to find the most annoying toy ever... that the kid loves the very best!

    ReplyDelete