December 2, 2009

Carter is 9 Months Old!

Carter is growing up so fast! In 3 months he'll be a YEAR old! Crazy! Well here's a brief post on his life and busy-bee-ness... Biggest highlight of the month is he's sitting up on his own and then...yikes...he's pulling himself up on the furniture! Before we know it he'll be standing, then walking, then sprinting. Yeesh.

At his check-up today he weighed in at almost 21 pounds and was 28.5 inches tall. So still a tall, skinny kid, right where he needs to be on the charts. Doc says he looks great (and the tubes in his ears have REALLY helped him stay healthy!) and he's a really easy-going 9-month old! Yay!

He's a mile-a-minute playtime kid and can empty (and subsequently get bored with) every single toy he owns in about 10 minutes...but it's ok because there's still the cat to keep him entertained!

He's still eating everything we give him (even the okra!) and we've started some more table foods (noodles!). Looking forward to trying some chunkier stuff this month and we're even going to start the sippy cups (yay for no more bottle washing!)! I'll be sure to post on the progress, as it will be riddled with hilarity, I'm sure!

Still trying to use the monthly photo cards from Aunt Katrina and this month was quite similar to last month...difficult! Since he's always being decked out in MY choice of clothing (KU!), this month he's sportin' one of Dad's faves: Star Wars!

Starting out he was quite interested in Yoda and the light saber:
Then it was all about crawling away during the photo shoot:
"Eh, no need to watch the camera...check out this sign!"
"Tasty, tasty!"
"Again, definitely worth snacking on - paper is good for you, right?"
"Ok, not so much of this sign will be left when I'm done with it...that's cool, right?"
"Dang it! Where'd the sign go?!" (And I love taking pouty pictures...we don't get a whole lot of them since he's generally a happy, happy kid...)
So we tried. Really, we did! These next two are his "official" 9 month shots (and I say "official" because I'm putting them all up on the wall in the hall!):
And you can't see his cheesy grin behind the sign all that well, but he really was smiling and having a great time!
Matt and I are still really enjoying this parenting gig (and never thought we'd have so much love for the wee little lad!) and are looking forward to spending Christmas together as our little family! Hope you're doing well and keeping warm!
~kerrie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, nine months already?! Soon he'll be begging for the car keys!

    I love Carter eating the sign... you can totally tell what a busy guy he is in these pics :0) Finger foods are awesome because they'll buy you and Matt some real time at the dinner table again for awhile - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete