I had it all planned out that he would wear his Kansas jersey, hold his Jayhawk (from Grandma C), and then we'd get a few family shots in his nice new shirt (also from Grandma C). Well, it didn't go quite like I'd planned...
So let's start the show (and all of these are from the raw files - as in they haven't been centered, color-adjusted, etc.).
Got that jersey on AND a basketball - perfect! (except Carter won't smile [normally]...):
Nor did he want to sit in their chair:
(ok, I LOVE this next one - and who knows why his cheek got all red all of a sudden...)
So we did an outfit swap - let's try some shots with the "2" block:
No sitting still...why? Because there was a STUFFED SQUIRREL!
At least we managed to get the Jayhawk in the picture... Except he's not wearing the jersey anymore...
Let's try a few family shots - here's the ONE that came out ok (Matt never smiles - he just looks at Carter and focuses on something, um, elsewhere, while I just watch the camera and ignore everyone else...):
The boys:
Mommy and Carter:
So then we swapped photo rooms to one with a red background (thought that'd be great - crimson and blue AND the Jayhawk - just in case I brought two...). Went all fine and well until Carter spotted the giant rubber duck!
Ok, crop out the duck... Cute, but won't smile for the lady:
What's that?! A GIANT RABBIT! A giant rabbit AND the duck?! (And who actually WANTS to use these props?!) And what happened to the Kansas jersey? Screw it, just keep on the white tee:
Ok, white tee with red background. Not bad. Add in a rocking chair? To sit in? Nah, Carter just wanted to push it around the set...
Which is TOTALLY fun!
*patience gone at this pointLet's try some blocks. Got a "C" block? Two? Cool! Those are for stacking, right Carter? What about the camera lady?
Ok, let's try mini blocks?
A bunch of sports equipment?
And at that point, folks, we gave up. HOWEVER, we did get one REALLY great shot of Carter to put up on the wall and to send copies to family. Good thing it has a squirrel in the shot, eh?
Can't make this stuff up folks. Here's hoping your photo shoots are just as entertaining as they are for the Greenies!~kerrie
You are a blogging machine tonight Kerrie! And ah yes..the two-year-old photo shoots. I had to get Sage to play peek-a-boo for hers and I just had to be ready to snap the pic when she uncovered her face and yelled "boo." Ah..sweet memories. Carter is awfully adorable! So stinkin' cute!!
ReplyDeleteOK, this is your funniest blog post EVER... Shawn and I are both rolling reading about/seeing the photo shoot!! Can I get a poster size of the pose with you, Carter, the raabit, and duck? Awesome :0)
ReplyDeleteLuckily, Carter is cute enough to work it even with all the crazy props. And you are brave people for even attempting a two-year session!