April 27, 2011

Congrats to Steven & Sarah!

Just a quick little post for two of our favorite people: Lumpy and Puck, or Steven and Sarah as most people know them....

Starting with a big....
Their little boy, Tatum Evan, arrived yesterday! Can't wait to see lots of photos! And according to my sources, ahem, FaceBook, he's healthy - came into this world at 8 lb 2.5 oz!!

A big congrats to Steven and Sarah and I especially can't wait to see photos of little Tatum laying about on the Roswell Space Alien blanket I made for him earlier this month. Few photos of the super-softy below:

The front:
Close-up of the alien:

Both sides:
And while I'm on baby blankets, I also whipped up a couple charity blankets for Project Linus back in March. This is a wonderful, wonderful charity that provides blankets to children that are either seriously ill, traumatized, or just in need of a little blanket love while they're in the hospital.

My nephew Daniel received a Project Linus blanket when he was in the hospital as a newborn (he came into this world a tad earlier than planned...10.5 weeks early...and had quite a rough go at his first few months of life...happy to report that he's uber healthy now and a super duper little boy that's nearly ready for Kindergarten!).

Anyway, my sis-in-law (Katrina) makes a few blankets for them each year because Daniel's blanket is one of her most prized possessions. Plus, I'm always happy to help out a wonderful cause such as this and you should consider doing the same! Just think of all of the happiness you could share by just sending in a blanket! (So go to the link that takes you to their website and you can find your local chapter!)

I made a "boy" baby blanket (super soft flannel):

And I made a "girl" blanket:
And then I packaged them all up to donate at one of my favorite fabric shops:
Anywho, point of this post was actually to share our heartfelt congratulations from the Greenies to Lumpy and Puck! Here's to a few rest-filled nights!
~kerrie (& matt & carter)

No comments:

Post a Comment