The Greenies packed up our bags last week and flew off to Kansas City to celebrate a VERY special milestone reached by my folks...that's right, my parents celebrated their
40th wedding anniversary (!!!!) on March 5, 2010. We thinks it's simply OUTSTANDING that they've been together for 40 years and STILL all googlie-eyed for each other! They've set a wonderful example for my brother and I as to what a happy marriage is all about! Hopefully we can mimic them and be wrapped up in wedded bliss for 40 years (that's Matt with I and Jason to Katrina)! So CONGRATS again to my folks, Gary (or "GW" as he goes by) and Paula!
To begin my congrats saga, I want to post a few photos of my parents. This is one of my most favorite photos of my folks, taken while we were on a cruise in the Caribbean (circa 2004):

And then my MOST favorite photo of them, smooching in the backyard during a luau party (circa 2001):

To make their 40 years even more special, their kids and grandkids threw them a little party with some of their best and closest friends! But first, we rested (Carter did great on the plane - enjoyed fiddling with the tray table more than anything else!):

But after we rested up, we partied!! About 30 or so of their pals came out to party and it was great seeing so many friendly faces from growing up. I'll only put up a few photos from the festivity guests, but here's a sprinkling - starting with Steve and Linda:

Wes and Shirley:

Tom and Linda (who I conveniently captured while eating...):

Ron and Suzie:

Ron, Jan, and Theresa (who is my mom's godmother):

The "Queen," Connie, and Leo:

My brother (Jason), his wife (Katrina), and my nephew (Daniel):

Of course, Carter had to eat, so here's a shot of Daddy and Carter:

George and Joan:

And finally, Andy, Logan, and Chris:

And one of the most fun things I got to do before the party was go through all of my old photos. I found a couple hundred different shots with/of my parents and together with my mom, we made a photo collage for the party (click on it to see it better):

And how could I forget the activities BEFORE the party?! KU whooped up on some Mizzou boys in their final regular season game!!! Steve was showing off his heinous MU jacket despite their horrible loss that afternoon to the Jayhawks:

But I got him back by tricking him into posing for a photo with me while I secretly slipped on a KU hat:

Connie, being a devout MU fan was none too thrilled when I snapped a photo of her in my dad's KU hat either:

All in all, the party was a smashing success!!! For their 50th, I'm taking them on a cruise, so expect those pics up here in just 10 more years! I'll end the party summary with a photo that says it all:

And to wrap it up, the Greenies had to come back to Albuquerque... Carter was zonked from all of the attention and spent pretty much the entire flight asleep in Daddy's arms (click to see it better - lights were off on the plane):

Mommy, on the other hand was suffering from a horrible sinus infection and didn't quite enjoy the flight home as much... Alas, we get back to the grind and start getting ready for some March Madness!
~kerrie
holy blogging batman! you've been busy! Congrats to your parents. Not too many people get to hit those big milestones these days.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the zoo pics. Not the KU part so much...yes...I am a CAT fan. Despite the loss-it was nice to see them make to the big 12! maybe next year! HA!