October 12, 2010

Shower Time for Baby Luke

Some good pals of mine, Dan and Mary Beth, are expecting their baby boy sometime this month (October) and to celebrate, the Greenies threw them a baby shower/BBQ on perhaps the second best day (weather-wise) this year!!

In preparation of the shower, I first sewed them a baby blanket and incorporated their beloved Winnie the Pooh. It was super soft and turned out pretty adorable! Here's a shot of the front (and just TRY to figure out my color scheme...first time I tried to incorporate FOUR separate colors AND a patterned material):
The back was a neat-0 green polka-dot that further incorporated all of the colors of the Pooh fabric:
And a close-up:
I thought it turned out pretty well and I hope Dan and Mary Beth liked it too!

I took a bunch of photos from the shower for Baby Luke (which yes, will be his name), so I thought I'd post 'em up here. I have to say, ALL of their friends and family were terrific and ALL of them were so nice!!!

We'll start with our guests of honor (yes, I made everyone pose with the silly sign - I'm compiling a little "memory book" for Dan and Mary Beth with all of these pics and some "advice" from each guest):
A few shots of the crowd:
Matt - Mr. BBQ:

Carter, who pretty much spent the entire time running around the back yard, taking a short break for a snack:
Carter - golfing (hey, the putting green came with the house, ok...):
My co-hostess, and very, very good friend, Holly (in yellow), serving up perhaps THE tastiest cupcakes I've ever had (from a local bakery - The Grove):
Holly also made the adorable party favors - the "pacifiers" - completely edible!
Gift time!
Dan - Completely unsure about this whole "diaper thing"...
And finally, shots of the guests (for the memory book) - Mary Beth's parents:
Dan's sister's family:
Mary Beth and Heidi (who is one of my co-workers):The Greenies - hey, we tried...
Amanda (our neighbor - who was also one of Dan and Mary Beth's nurses) and her son Jake:
Mary Beth's brother's family:

And Holly and Bevin:
It was a wonderful, wonderful shower and I CANNOT wait to meet Baby Luke!! Watch the blog for an update once Luke arrives in this world! Congratulations again to Dan and Mary Beth!
~kerrie

No comments:

Post a Comment