January 2, 2010

The End of the Oh's

Well that's it folks, the end of the 2000's. The "Oh's." The "Aught's." Whatever the years were, I don't know what to call them. But they're over. We're already on to 2010. Yeesh, time flies, eh?

To ring in the New Year (and no, it's not the new DECADE yet...Matt would get all technical on me if I wrote that we were ringing in the "new decade" which doesn't technically start until NEXT year, 2011...whatever...). Anyway, to ring in 2010, we kicked back with a few buds, pigged out on lasagna (my tradition - something rich and decadent to end the year on), and played some video games.

Carter had a good time, too, and enjoyed the attention, especially from the ladies (and I can't take credit for these next 3 photos - they were taken by Jennifer):Showing Kristin his talking smurf:Being a little ham for the camera:
Those who have played Wii video games know that sometimes you can sure look goofy while playing (most Wii games require you to move the controller as if you were, say, rolling a bowling ball...or swinging a golf club...or even paddling...). Here's a quick shot of Justin and Brett "sword fighting" in our living room:
I schooled Jennifer at some ping-pong, but totally stunk at canoeing. Even had to pass my game controller to Kristin to finish the round. Sitting back and watching her try to beat Brett was probably the highlight of the evening. Difficult to explain it, so here's a little video of Brett "paddling" his canoe the CORRECT way (check out his concentration while the crowd is busting a gut!):



And well, here's Kristin "paddling" her canoe...seems a little more, um, just not right...


[And for the record, I told them that I was going to post these videos ALL OVER the internet. But really they're just here on the Greenie blog. Lucky for them I don't use any last names, nor is my blog searchable by google nor the like...]

But I digress... For the toast at midnight, we all donned our tacky, sparkly gear, grabbed our noise makers, and celebrated the end of the Oh's. Here's a few shots from the final count-down, starting with Jennifer:
And Brett:
And Danita:Kristin (noise making MUCH more her forte than canoeing):
Justin:Me (with my blinking stars headband!):
And, of course, no one could top the amount of crap that Matt celebrated with:
Hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year!
~kerrie

No comments:

Post a Comment