January 10, 2010

Jail Bird

Since Matt is out working in the garage (he's building an entertainment center...long story, but I made it HIS job to make sure the flat-screen TV is secure, since Carter is starting to "cruise" on the furniture and I don't want a "Carter pancake" under the TV...and well, there just wasn't a pre-made TV stand that he liked, so he's building one...)...

Anyway, as Matt's out in the garage, I'm playing catch-up with the laundry and I'm getting to spend some much needed quality time with my boy. We've been playing with trucks mostly (I bought him a "construction site" rug for the playroom so he could run his toys all over the "roads"). We roll the trucks up and down the hall, too, which is great for wearing Carter completely out!

At the end of the hall, we've put up a gate (A - so the toys don't go flying down the stairs, but mostly for B - so Carter, himself, doesn't go flying down the stairs...). Thought it was a cute photo op this afternoon as Carter reached the gate and had a big 'ol smile on his face:
He pulls himself up on the gate and it sort of looks like he's trapped in jail. And with the striped outfit today, he really does look like a "jail bird" - see:
Then I took a couple photos from the other side of the gate - and yep, he's trapped in jail. Tough break, kid...
He didn't seem to mind, though. Even had his "evil" grin on (click on this next one to really see his "evilness"...):
Oh well, before we know it, he'll be climbing up the gate and even showing Kitty-Kitty how it's done. Oh boy...

KU basketball time, so time for me to run. Hope you're having a great weekend! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
~kerrie

3 comments:

  1. I have funny jailbird pics too! Well...not of me exactly...you know what I mean :) Carter is def. a cute jailbird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - he's gotten so big. What a cutie and look at that light hair! I can just see the wheels turning in his head trying to figure out a way around that gate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee - Carter's in a cage!! But good on you guys for staying one step ahead of him on the baby-proofing! And such a deliciously cute and kissable jailbird he makes :0)

    ReplyDelete