While I've had the month from hell at work, I'm happy to report that the end is in sight and I may actually get to spend some time with my boys during the weeks ahead.
However, despite my hectic work schedule, I WAS able to sneak away from the office during the long New Year's weekend and the whole fam made it over to the Albuquerque Aquarium. Sadly, we forgot to charge the camera batteries, so we only have a few pics from our adventures...
First up, a photo with Daddy:

And a few with Mommy (and WOW! Carter's eyes were REALLY blue up against the blue waters!):


We stood Carter up right against the tank and he LOVED it! The divers were cleaning the goo and Carter had fun banging on the glass for them to see him:


THEN, the fish started swimming by and Carter REALLY had fun (especially as they swam right in front of him):


And our "buddy" (from my work
holiday party post - the ugly fish that wouldn't go away!) - well he (or maybe it's a she...we'll settle for "it"...) wouldn't leave Carter alone. It swam right up to the glass - like RIGHT UP TO the glass - and I'm pretty sure it was thinking Carter would make a tasty snack:

Carter was beside himself with glee and kept pounding on the tank trying to get at the fish:


And that's when the battery ran out... So we finished off the day with a walk around the botanical gardens and let Carter take a little nap in the stroller. The weather started turning colder (but, yay, no snow here!), so we called it a day and I headed back in to work.
Hope you're keeping warm, as this winter stuff is getting brutal in just about every state! Happy to rub it in that it's nearly 50 degrees here and sunny! Weeeee!
~kerrie
You're right...that is one ugly fish! Glad you got to spend some time there though!
ReplyDelete