Last weekend we had dinner with some of our very best pals, Gundar and Myja and their son, Noah. The food was perhaps the BEST Chinese food I have ever eaten in my life!
They made eggrolls from scratch (and I ate three...):

In the upper corner you can see the Green Bean & Chestnut Salad (and for the record, "chestnuts in water" are a completely different product than "water chestnuts"...).
They made Broccoli Beef with awesome Bean Thread Noodles (which are totally awesome when you drop them in a bit of hot oil - they expand to about 5x their original size...always wondered how they cooked those and now I know!):

Here's a shot of Noah anxiously awaiting some food:

After pigging out, Carter played with a balloon he found in Noah's stash (and by "play," I mean "eat"...):

Myja scooped him up and he managed to sit in her lap for all of about 3 seconds...

And that was just before Carter tried to get in on the game of catch (with this really funky green, hairy ball...):

Noah was ALL ABOUT having his photo taken in the middle of the action - so here's what I got:

And another action shot as Myja had to reach for the sky to grab that throw:

Not to be outdone, Carter was showing off his batting skills with Noah's big blue plastic bat. Surprised that he was able to leave it behind...we were fully expecting to have to bring it back the next day because he was having so much fun with it!





All in all, it was the PERFECT dinner date with friends! Hopefully as Carter grows up, we'll be able to entertain at our house and have just as much fun! Thanks again to Gundar, Myja, and Noah for a great meal and great fun!
~kerrie
No comments:
Post a Comment