May 14, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

My second Mother's Day and it was even better than the first! Carter sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to the office (and pardon the cruddy quality, I took this with my cell phone):
Then on Sunday, Matt made me my favorite breakfast ever - Biscuits and Gravy, some vegetarian breakfast sausages, and fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice - YUMMMM! Totally cute, as Matt apparently hasn't made gravy, so I tried to coach him along. He wasn't sure how much flour to add in to the roux, so I made the comment that "you really can't add too much flour...you can always cut it with milk." Well, I think he took that as a challenge, because next thing I know, he's got a huge globular blob in the pan that looked NOTHING like gravy...

Alas, a few quick modifications (i.e., dump half of the overly-floured glob out), add some milk, a little seasoning, and poof! We had gravy! It was perhaps the best meal I've had with my boys in quite some time!

To top if off, Matt bought me a new bottle of Coach perfume, so I was a happy, happy mom that day! Thanks again to my boys for a WONDERFUL Mother's Day! And Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all of the other great moms out there!

I'll finish this post with a little bit of randomness...

First up, Carter has officially graduated from the Baby Room at school! That's right, our little boy is now in the "One's" class and is having a hey day! They play outside nearly every day and he is having a blast. His teachers have told me several times this week that he's a "very happy boy," he "never cries," and is "very handsome." (Maybe they heard that Matt and I give good Christmas presents and they're sucking up already?! j/k)

On Monday I brought small thank-you gifts for his teachers in the Baby Room and when I picked him up from school, one of his favorite teachers saw me and started crying. She told me that our gift and my message in the thank-you card was "the nicest thing anyone has ever done for her." Awww.... Well, Danielle and Gloria treated him like he was the ONLY baby in the room, and for that, we were indeed thankful!

Ok, finally moving on to a few photos... Starting with Carter The Bed Head - catching a little play time right before school:
Another early-AM shot of him "lounging" with a bottle of milk - and his recliner of choice was a big pile of toys in the living room:
And finally, thought I'd showcase a little of Carter's "schoolwork" from the week. Amelia tipped me off that I shouldn't think about keeping ALL of his schoolwork, because it will pile up in no time! She said to snap a few photos of it and call it good. So that's what I'm doing. This week they were working on colors and shapes and they stick these little construction-paper shapes to each page with some glue. Carter is getting the hang of it, eh?

Maybe our boy will end up being an artist, eh? Or maybe he has a ways to go...

Happy [Belated] Mother's Day!
~kerrie

No comments:

Post a Comment