Thought I'd type up a little re-cap for those readers that missed out on the fun (and trust me, our wedding and reception was a BLAST!). Here's a shot of the happy couple at the ceremony:
And at this point (below), we were officially, Mr. and Mrs. Greenfelder (and if you click on the photo, you can just barely see my FANTASTIC sparkly red shoes! I'm from Kansas, ya know...):
My VERY happy parents (and doesn't my mom just look gorgeous!? She's SO photogenic!):If you'll let me back up slightly, BEFORE the whole wedding event, I decided (yes, I'm taking that blame...) that we needed to send "announcements" to about 50 of our closest friends and family members. Sure, they were kinda "invitations," but never in a million years did I expect anyone to make the trek out to Vegas to watch lil' ol' Matt and Kerrie get married.... Come to find out, I was wrong... We had about FORTY people at our wedding (most made a long, fun-filled weekend out of it) and it was one of the VERY BEST times I've ever had! Bonus, too, as I came home married to my true love, Matt!
And now that I'm done with the sappy stuff, let's move back to the reception...
We had the entire reception catered, complete with wedding cake and fully open bar. We'll get to the bar part in a second... We had some tasty, tasty wedding cake:
Since we only had about 40 people at the party, we had no problems chatting it up with all of our guests and thanked them all for coming out. Of course, Matt and I were just beaming the entire time:Of course, the bartender let me "help" make a few of the drinks:
Woke up the next day with a killer headache and realized that we'd misplaced the wedding certificate. Until that little piece of paper was sent in, we really weren't married! We tore through our hotel room - no luck finding it. We then called (at a very early hour, too...) all of our guests to see if they picked it up accidentally - no luck. We then went back down to the reception room - locked, no luck. I then opened every single door and closet on the 4th floor of the Imperial Palace until I FINALLY found it. Pheww... That wouldn't have been a good way to start off our marriage! :)At the end of the weekend, Matt and I took off for a week's stay at an all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The sun was warm, the water was fine, and the drinks continued to flow. It was one of the most relaxing weeks of my life and it was a FINE way to start off our marriage! Here are a few shots from the resort - daytime:
I love you,
~kerrie
hahaha
ReplyDelete"Woke up the next day with a killer headache and realized that we'd misplaced the wedding certificate" - too funny!!! Awesome pics and congrats! we had a blast at your wedding.
Oshani