Yesterday Matt and I had the pleasure of sneaking off for a "date" while Eileen minded Carter while we caught dinner and a show! And the best part of all, we went to see a stage production of
The Wizard of Oz (link takes you to the official tour site)!
But backing up a little, let's see how Carter started the day...
First, he let us sleep in until nearly 9:00AM. AMAZING to get so much sleep on a Saturday morning! And it must have done him well, as he was a happy camper when he woke up:

And I think he stood still for about 30 seconds and then started his play time for the morning:


Then he realized that he should probably eat a little breakfast before he got too crazy playing:

But he saved a big smile for me before he covered himself in cinnamon rolls and veggie sausages:

After we returned from dinner, we picked Carter up from Eileen's house. Walking into her house, she started with this: "Carter has been such a ......" And I interrupted her to say,
"Oh no! The entire experience hinges on your very next word!" Well, she finished up by saying that Carter was TERRIFIC and that they had a WONDERFUL time! Yay!!!!! We are just so thankful to have wonderful friends that will watch Carter for us and allow Matt and I to have a "date night" here and there! So thank you again, Eileen!
To finish up this post, I'll include a few photos from the unpacking-debacle after Carter's afternoon out (it's just amazing how much crap we hauled over to Eileen's!). He snatched up our lunchboxes and took off across the room:



Thought he looked pretty cute amongst the toy mess with his dual lunchboxes. Looks like he's ready to head off to work:

Hope you enjoyed your Saturday and had as much fun as the Greenies!
~kerrie
No comments:
Post a Comment